48+- Acres Saline County IL Homestead Outbuildings Horse Stables Feed Mill Business 2387L
Saline County| 48 Acres| $339,000| Galatia IL
2 Homes, Outbuildings, Horse Stables, Feed Mill Business
This is a picture perfect homestead of 48 acres with 2 professionally built homes, numerous outbuildings, fenced for livestock, pond, horse stables and paddock. What separates this property from most, included is a well-established feed mill business that the new owner can immediately begin generating income on the first day of ownership. Shown by appointment only.
- Address: 2910 North America Road, Galatia IL 62935
- List Price: $339,000
- Parcel #01-1-098-4 / part of (E 1/2) of the (NW 1/4) of Section 6, T9S-R5E of 3rd median
- Taxes: $6,143
- Section 6, T9-R5
- 48 acres surveyed in 2007 with 35+ acres in pasture, pond and fenced for cattle
- Separate fenced feed lot with shed for sheep and goats
- Large family size grape vineyard and large garden area
- Deer hunting
- Feed mill business included in property sale
- Feed mill building 40 x 64 with 40 x 40 insulated
- Barn / Shop 40 x 70 with 40 x 40 insulated, concrete floors
- Barn / Stable 36 x 36 with 12’ carriage lean-to and paddock area for horses ---- building #3
- Chicken house 16 x 20 insulated
- Cattle loafing shed in back pasture
- Main house: 3375 sq ft of living space, 7 bedrooms, hardwood floors, 6-panel wood doors, 2 story, 10 x 24 deck, main bedroom on first floor, 6 bedrooms upstairs, large country kitchen with walk-in pantry, dining room, large great room, full walk-in poured basement, built in 2009
- Second house: 1400 sq ft of living space, 2 story, 3 bedrooms, 10 x 16 deck, main bedroom on first floor, 2 bedrooms upstairs, kitchen and living room on main level, partial basement, built 2009
- City water in house to sinks (Prospect Water District)
- No electric ran to houses or indoor bathrooms
Feed Mill Business Details
The feed mill is a successful business with a continuing sales growth over the past 9 years. It is a turnkey operation with established customer base. Immediate income producing opportunity for the new owner. Blending / ingredient recipes included. Seller will assist new owner for a reasonable short period of time to help new owner(s) become familiar with business.
- Building is 40 x 64 with front 40 x 40 insulated and heated, used for merchandising area with sacked feeds and inventory display with front loading dock.
- The rear area of building is 2-story. There are (2) 1000 bushel bins overhead on second floor and 5 smaller bins that flow to multiple mixers/grinders/roller mill/bagger/scales.
- There is a horizontal mixer for mixing dry and wet ingredients and grinder/mixer for dry, both 2000 lb capacity.
- Roller mill for cracking corn with automatic overhead scale
- Automatic bagger with overhead bin
- In-floor auger system
- 3 platform scales
- Weigh buggy
- Pallet jack and hand carts
- Adjoining the building is a 1000 bushel silo, a smaller bin, (2) 70 ft / 10” augers, 3 smaller augers
- One 4-cylinder Deutz diesel engine to power loading augers from semi to storage bins
- One 5-cylinder Deutz diesel engine to power the mill
- Diesel fuel tank
- Molasses tank
- On-hand inventory at time of closing will pass to buyer
2910 North America Road, Galatia, IL 62935