FOR SALE: 5+- Acres Washington County IL Hobby Farm Home Wildlife 2460L
Washington County| 5 Acres| $109,000| Dubois IL
Small Hobby Farm with Home and Barn
Big potential for a small hobby farmstead. Many of us are looking towards a more self-sustainable lifestyle. A small farmstead away from the city; a place to put into practice raising a large garden, poultry, a few head of livestock or couple horses, a back-up water supply from a spring-fed well. This place can easily support that sort of country living.
Located on Radom Road a little over 3 miles from Route 51. The property with its unique 1-1/2 story walkout earth berm A-frame design sits on 5 acres of gentle rolling hills. There is a fenced area of under 2 acres in fescue grass that is perfect to graze a couple head of cattle or horses. There is also an oak sided 27’x 30’ barn with concrete floor and loft.
The 1-1/2 story 3-bedroom home with 2400 square feet has geo-thermal heat and cooling. The main level downstairs walks out into a quaint sun room. The home needs maintenance (mostly cosmetic) in several areas that current owner is unable to do. For instance, there are doors that have never been hung in the upstairs rooms, repairs needed to sheet rock and there is a beautiful brick masonry fireplace with blowers that can heat the whole house, however, the chimney flue needs work.
And for those wildlife enthusiast, you can enjoy watching deer and other wildlife wandering about. The property is surrounded by farmland and wooded areas with the closest neighbor a 1/4 mile down the road. A great place for a young family that enjoys the outdoors, a ready-to-go fenced area for horses and a barn with concrete floor and 220 electric that would be a nice shop.
- Address: 3977 Radom Road, Dubois IL
- List Price: $109,000
- Parcel #05-19-15-200-003
- Taxes: $2,248
- Section 15, T3S-R1W
- Outbuildings: 27 x 30 barn with concrete floor, 220v electric and loft, 41 x 24 4-car carport
- Rural water plus spring-fed well
- 1.5 acres fenced area ready for horses or livestock
- Surrounded by woods and farmland, wildlife enthusiast will enjoy
- 3 beds, 2 baths, 2400 sf
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- Unique 1-1/2 story walkout earth berm A-frame home
- Kitchen/dining combo 13 x 24
- Family/dining room 24 x 28.5
- Utility room 6.6 x 14
- Main bath 11 x 7
- Walk-in closet 6 x 11
- Master bedroom 13 x 12
- Master bath 11 x 5
- Bedroom 11 x 12
- Bedroom 12 x 9 (upstairs)
- Game room 12 x 29 (upstairs)
- Walk-in closet 9 x 5 (upstairs)
3977 Radom Road, Dubois, IL