FOR SALE: 279+- Acres Hardin County IL Hunting Recreational CRP Income Timber 2681L
Hardin County| 279 Acres| $1,100,000| Elizabethtown IL
Excellent Hunt Property, Lodge/Pole Building, Income Producing
Turn Key Recreational Paradise!!
Folks you will look long and hard to find a nicer recreational property in Illinois. What a beautiful and quiet retreat.
279+/- acres of hunting paradise in Hardin County, Illinois. This property is ready to hunt, no work needed other than maintain the food plots. The property has hundreds of pear, apple and chestnut trees planted in various areas and multiple smaller food plots. Deer, turkey, bobcats and other native wildlife abound. Shawnee National Forest is a mile away offering more hunting opportunities close by. The Ohio River is also a mile away offering great fishing and boating opportunities.
The must-see hunting lodge is as nice as any hunting camp you will ever stay at. Bring the wife and she will not miss home! The lodge can easily sleep 12+ people and has 4 bathrooms, a locker-room area for keeping hunting clothes scent free, a butchering room for processing your game and a large gravel area for tractors, ATVs, trucks and other gear and equipment. Folks this is not a pole building, this is a stick built lodge built on concrete buy a home builder! You can sit out on the covered patios and look out over a very nice pond.
Gated access, high speed internet, security system, perimeter fenced and in 25 years never have had a problem with vandalism.
The current owners lease an adjoining 77 acers for $2,250 that could likely be leased by the new owner of this tract.
This property is the perfect place for a corporate retreat or place for several friends to go together and share. Summer vacations are an option with numerous Southern Illinois attractions and the nearby Ohio River for boating and fishing. The lodge could be the headquarters for several hunters during the fall hunting season. Rooms could even be rented to hunters who are hunting the nearby Shawnee National Forest. Unlimited options to enjoy this one-of-a-kind property. The work has already been done!
- Address: 31 Maxfield Lane, Elizabethtown IL
- List Price: $1,100,000
- Parcel #07-29-126-07, 07-29-126-08, 07-29-121-02
- Taxes: $620.92
- Sections 15 and 16, T12S-R9E
- Abundant deer and turkey hunting
- Outbuilding: lodge/pole building
- Building site
- Development potential
- Tillable acres
- Pasture acres
- Food plots
- CRP income: $1,858 annually, contract expires 9-30-21; $886 annually, contract expires 9/30/25
- Marketable timber
- Mineral rights included
Additional Property Information
- Lodge / living area is 2076 sq. ft. and is as nice as most homes.
- Nearly 1,000 sq. ft. of locker room / butcher shop
- 1920 sq. ft. of shop area
- Restaurants / Café’ just 4 miles away
- Shopping in Kentucky / Amish Country 12 miles
- Convenient Store and fuel 9 miles
- Harrisburg is roughly 30 minute drive
- Shawnee National Forest all around and lots of public hunting
- Numerous State Parks very close
- Several marinas with boat storage available under 10 miles
- 11 enclosed blinds and 16 ladder stands
- 15 individual food plots
- Orchard on the farm
- 150 Dunstan Chestnuts throughout the farm
- 300 Chinese Chestnuts
- Hazel Nut Grove
- 100 American Plum Tree grove
- 1 acre stocked pond, 20’ deep
- Large never ending running water spring
- High Speed Internet
- This farm hunts huge loaded with deer and turkeys
- The building was built right by the owner who is a contractor and no short cuts
- End of the road privacy
- Quiet and relaxing as one can find
- Turnkey other than planting your food plots
31 Maxfield Lane, Elizabethtown, IL